Monday, July 10, 2006

choose your own adventure...

so I decided not too long ago that the best way for someone who needs a job and isn't really looking for one as hard as one should be, must throw themselves into a situation that is less than desirable to motivate themselves.

It's not going to come as a huge surprise that this obscure person is me and I am about to embark on the very situation described above. I know myself. I am the type of gal who needs to be in the heat of the moment, right in the midst of the war in order to do anything about it. I won't push myself to look for a job, place, etc, until I am in a strange city with no money and no prospects. So that's what I am doing.

Sounds rediculous right? Sounds like I don't have a clue and the very fact that I am aware of this character flaw should be enough for me to make a deal with myself and sit down and find a job from my comfy nest egg in w-loo. To become aware of your downfalls should be about the time you start to correct them. Nope. I'm stubborn and I like pressure, especially fiscal ones.

Most everyone I have informed about my pending plan claims I am "out of my mind" and why don't I just work here, at my well paying job before I move on? Well you are all right, it is logical to do so. But then there would really be nothing to look forward to would there? there would be no surprise for me, no shocked (either pleasantly or horribly) realization about where I ended up. There would be no new chapter. And I always liked choose your own adventure chapter books. With all the negative feedback from my peers you can imagine what I thought would happen when I explained this plan to someone who tends to judge and have a silly opinion about EVERYTHING in life.

But All he said was, "You're going to move to a huge city with no prospects? no plan? I like it..."

It's comments like that, that reinforce to me how much you and I...fit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home