Sunday, August 13, 2006

cottaging and steamy books

I was gone forever...or to some of you: about a week. After quitting my job that I wasn't quite ready to say goodbye to, I marched off to a cottage with 25 frat boys and girls to attempt all day drinking, waterskiing (with minimal success) and songs about homosexuality.

It was a fucking rad weekend.

I wont say his name cause it's wrong to publish without permission but its safe to say that a certian Motty mouthward throws a fantastic goodbye party and I am going to miss university sooo much more than I ever imagined.

After cottage number 1 came cottage number two and I found myself hanging out with 4 65+ people and drinking alone. Who says you can't have fun with your family? Actually the buzz killer was when everyone in the cottage demanded consecutively that we be in bed by 930. So I did what any young person would do..I read books.

If you want to read something so un-pc yet completely compelling read Nabokov's Lolita. Though the nature of the book is totally incestual and very very WRONG it is undoubtably a faboulous love story and very powerful proise. You will be disguted with the idea yet unable to put it down. That is some crazy writing.
Also, it seems this paragraph has turned into a mini book review and for that reason alone I will stop..and leave you with the two most powerful quotes I stumbled upon during cottaging week '06.

"We have it all arranged in our minds, and the less often we see a particular person the more satisfying it is to check how obediently he conforms to our notion of him every time we hear of him" (I have always liked stereotypes)

"I could not kill her, of course, as some might have thought. You see, I loved her. It was love at first sight, at last sight, at ever and ever sight."
(super romantic if you forget for a brief moment that she is 12 years old..and he..well he is not).

adieu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home