Monday, March 26, 2007

comfort blog.

Amidst all the research and plans of departure, the emotions start to kick in...

The strangest part is I can't decide which ones are more poignant...the fear or the excitement. Since I tend to possess a negative/pessimistic/realistic/donkeybrain attitude as my general disposition, I will side with the Cynicism as the stronger one. The total Fear and Hesitation that comes with moving to the Fucking middle east.

However, the blog, secretdubai.blogspot.com has quickly become my "comfort food." Once I am reading about the media, culture and the constant construction (perhaps it will be like a laurier in city form!), I no longer push the delicious chocolate away in the back cupboard...pretending that I dont eat my emotions as I rock back and forth in fetal position on my tiny couch. I embrace the chocolate...but only small pieces at a time, and then sigh heavily afterwards; pleased with my decision to go back in the kitchen.

you know you've entered the mellenium when your "comfort food" has become blog reading...

3 Comments:

Blogger lauraface said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:16 PM  
Blogger lauraface said...

stupid blogger...

what i was going to say was..

dubai will love you... just as i have (slowly) grown to love you.

miss you already donkeybrain (but i know you'll do great)

love lauraface

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

costsany aaes though pdfbuitenl identifies scroll soldier varj wrapped sized maximum
lolikneri havaqatsu

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home