Monday, February 26, 2007

That Name Again is Mr. Plow

I came home to my parents house this wretched Monday morning to indulge and be in a place that has more than one room, roast beef for dinner and a sex-free nite. Basically, I wanted to relax.

You can imagine how saucy I got when mom demanded I shovel the entire driveway. "waaahhhh. scutt doesnt want to shovel. Scutt is a lazy beast with carpel tunnel syndrome. wahhhhh." (rubs under eyes). But I put on a fedora and some gloves and went off to meet my defeat: The 6 ft snow pile the plow had left fittingly for me at the end of our driveway. 2 hours later I looked at my work and felt an overwhelming sense of productivity. The most productive I have felt since School. And it felt really really good.

So good, in fact, that I hopped over my recently created mountain that seperated our driveway from the neighbours and started to do theirs as well! They are in florida so I thought it would be nice for them to have a house that wasnt robbed to come home to (Also, my mom made me). But primarily I continued to shovel because I didnt want this feeling to leave. It became clear to me today that I haven't had a monumental task that I wanted to undertake in almost a year or since school ended. I work a mundane routine job that offers no mental stimulation and no feelings of achievement. I do mundane activities in my spare time with little or no sense of feat. For someone who deems herself a rather work oriented individual I certainly dont feel like I am doing quite enough to keep me on the up and up. This is a taste of what I have been missing. I am aware its just shovelling snow....but it's SOMETHING. And it offered me quite a good buzz along with numb toes.

Here's to the next big change!

A snow shoveling business.

(* in case your wondering, Its not ME who is sexily fornicating on a Monday nite, it is my neighbours above. Whom I am starting to believe are rabbits after all and want me to take part in their festivities. While all along, I am merely trying to steal a carrot from the vegetable patch and run away from the sounds.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home