Saturday, April 07, 2007

24: The first season.

Unfortunately, this is NOT about Jack Bauer's ability to torture high up peoples for information..

In fact, if I was wasting my precious bloggin' time writing about that rediculous show and then subsequently TITLING my post 24, I would hope a wrathful little laura would intervene and put a violent, bloody end to the entire creative process.

This Post is shellfishly about me! ME ME ME! You see, I was turning 24 while we simultaneously took the day off to remember the murder of Jesus Christ. So I remembered, and then I drank some booze. Jesus would have wanted it that way.

The birthday night was Awesome. I earned a pearl necklace, a party full of cupcakes, and coupious amounts of horrible shots. I also peed on my shoe and leg in a public parking lot. Which I shrugged off non-chalantly until a certain "friend" with photographic evidence threatened to post the picture on facebook and tag my vagina. Hmmm maybe 24 is not so different from turning 23...22...etc.

Which leads me to my biggest problem with this 24 thing. For the first time ever, it was an age that actually sounded OLD. In fact, I was dreading my own birthday; a day to celebrate that no one loves scutt more than scutt and I didnt even care if it came or not. I toyed with the idea of doing all those unoriginal schticks like, "lets get together and celebrate turning 21...again." or "why dont I call brandon and borrow his time machine to go back and do this year all over. Ohh look, its snowing." But It came, It went and now its April 7th and, true to nature, I feel exactly the same as I did on April 5th. Which just reinforces the fact that we have been slowing turning the said age for some time now.

The slowly getting older? alarms started to go off when a series of circumstances in the past couple of weeks came to my attention about how little Scutt was not so little anymore. The Taking Back Sunday crybabypoollza I went to, where we were basically the only people in the beer tent. The Asshole kids who came into my work and when I asked them for I-DENT-TI-FI-CA-TION they angrily rolled their eyes and said, "I havent been asked for this in fooooooooooorever. " He was fucking 21. The deminishing desire to damage property and most things when inebriated. (save for an unfortuntate railing of an apt. building near summerhill). Basically, the deminishing desire to do anything in my spare time but lie around.

So, turning 24 is not really my "Big Problem" anymore. In fact, I kinda like it. I was worried that growing up would be this huge let down in which you spent most of your life trying to recreate those youthful moments, always feeling nostaligic. However, when you see the teens rocking out to their favourite band, you dont get mad because its inappropriate for a 24 year old to mosh with 17-eys. You smile and take your boyfriends hand in yours, leave the show before the last song and eagerly anticipate getting home by making him run towards the bus stop...

Although you're getting old..You still take the bus from time to time.

2 Comments:

Blogger lauraface said...

don't pretend your desire to destroy public property is deminished... you're a rowdy little scutt... i'm quite sure that with a few jagerbombs in your system you'd push down any blue construction fence in a matter of minutes.... especially with a little laura helping you.

BUNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

7:55 PM  
Blogger PS said...

that was pretty much the funnest nite of the summer.

"Laura, you're in charge.." - kate

"yay! follow me guys!"- laura, right before shre runs into a wall of sorts.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home