Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Here is my problem with U2..

Are you aware that if you Google U2 you get approximately 67,000,000 hits but if you Google John Lennon or Queen Elizabeth you get between 14,000,000 and 25,000,000? What the hell is U2 doing besides making horrendous new albums for me to suffer through? Don't get me wrong, I love Bono in his Gotta save the Planet existence but I really can't stand to listen to U2's 10 minute interludes anymore. Vertigo, their only sort of hit from 2001, is a mix of silly guitar sounds and Bono's stupid glasses.

My other problem: the amount of old school U2 that is on the radio. I loved the Joshua tree like it was my own offspring but I am getting a mighty sick of listening to, "one love" or "Still haven't found what Im looking for" as every third song on popular stations. Try a 4 hour road trip and count the amount of U2 on the radio. It's really quite absurd.

I guess the obvious solution to my self pity would be to turn off the radio and put a scutt-friendly cd on, Bono-free. But F that. I shouldnt have to give up my love for radio because DJ Jazzy Jeff can't find anything to play besides U2's greatest Hits. And Im quite certain that John Lennon was more of a musical Genius than U2 will ever be, may he RIP.

And as for Queen Elizabeth..She never had an LP, but that women could harmonica like no other. U2 lover or not we can all agree on one thing: U2 hasn't had a huge hit in a while, and we are all better off for it.

1 Comments:

Blogger lauraface said...

if you've been thinking this much about U2 you probably have too much time on your hands...

just a thought.

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home