Sunday, September 10, 2006

the man/boy who blows my mind.

Every single day I walk to my sisters house. Every single day I see the same houses, same construction, same flowers outside a semi-detached unit. And, you.

You walk up and down Sutton drive everyday. Sometimes I catch you when I am in my corolla as well, which leads me to believe you walk up and down more than once in a given day. You seem around 17 yrs old, always have a book in your hand and your nose is always buried in it.

This is astonishing. I can barely accomplish "walking" all on its own without getting distracted by butterflies and shiny pennies. One task at a time is all I need. But you, you read. And I have seen you enough to know that it doesn't always have the same cover. How many people can say they have plowed through more than one novel when walking down (or up) Sutton drive? Not many I bet.

You also read outloud. Your lips are always moving, which suggests that either walking and reading are just as hard as I suspected, or you are attempting to share your stories with me. For creativity sake, Im going to say you want to share them with me.

One day, on my morning walk, I will interupt your stories and make you tell me tales of your own. I will ask you where you are always going and maybe you will ask me the same thing back. Then you will tell me what I should read and I will nod accordingly. For some reason I trust your judgement even though we have just met.

I will tell you that you are intriguing without using the word intriguing because it is cliche. And after all this I will definately not stereotypically tell you that we "have such a good connection." because we don't. We just happen to live off the same street and cross paths everyday.

Then we will be friends. This is my montage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home